Senior Process Engineer (PT-AC/TER-Gtl)
- Ellistones Ln, Greetland, Halifax HX4, UK
- Legal Entity: sia Fibral Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
sia Abrasives Ltd (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non-woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The sites in Greetland, West Yorkshire and Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, the postholder will be a member of the Operations Team (TER-Gtl) and will broadly cover the following areas at the sia Fibral Ltd, Greetland site;
Responsibilities of the Senior Process Engineer
- Manage/project lead the manufacturing transformation with a holistic approach; including definition of the concept, approval and implementation.
- Have budgetary control of the transformation budget including forecasting, cash flow projection and capital requests.
- Be an integral part of the scope finalisation/stabilisation to handover to operations.
- Be able and involved in the development of skills and ability of the associates to maximise the implementation.
- A proven track record of strong experience in a manufacturing engineering management environment
- Engineering qualification in a relevant discipline
- IT literate
- Proven people management skills
- Working knowledge of 5S, TPM, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing techniques, i.e, BPS (Bosch Production System)
- Team player
- Positive communicator
- Able to accept "change" and work flexibly to high standards
- Work under own initiative and be self-motivating
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Engineering degree in mechanical or electrical discipline
- Working knowledge of non-woven/textile processes
Competitive benefits and services including pension, life assurance, 24 holidays + statutory leave, employee assistance programme, optional medical services, employee discounts on Bosch goods, development opportunities, close to motorway links and on-site parking