Group Leader - Transportation Planning
- 38000 Hills Tech Drive, Farmington, MI, us
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
For over a century the name "Bosch" has been associated with forward-looking technology and trailblazing inventions that have made history. Bosch does business all over the world and is active in the most wide-ranging sectors. As a leading supplier in the automotive industry, Robert Bosch LLC has made its Farmington Hills and Plymouth Michigan facilities the headquarters for its North American automotive businesses. These facilities house more than 1,700 associates who are dedicated to improving relationships with our customers and furthering Bosch's technologies.
Responsible for leading the TMC-NA Overland Onsite Planning Team (US and MX) to support strategic & operational transport planning functions to meet Plant, Engineering & TMC Performance Targets. Will play a key role in achieving company objectives and contribute to identifying, analyzing and developing value-added supply chain solutions.
*Position can be located in Farmington Hills, MI/ Anderson, SC/ Charleston, SC/ OR San Martin Obispo,Toluca or Juarez, Mexico
- Support Plant Requirements, Engineering Projects, & TMC Targets
- Responsible for establishing & assigning work plans to Onsite Planning Team (transportation
- planning, operations planning, escalations, TMS System Maintenance, etc.)
- Support escalation of day to day operational tasks
- Support team with coordination & execution of tasks for Engineering savings projects
- Initiate and follow through on team’s status for completing action items for projects as needed to implement savings initiatives, customer network optimization opportunities, plant requirements, route maintenance, etc.
- Collaborate with internal TMC partners (Engineering, Execution, LSP Dev..) to define TMC targets for plants & coach team to analyze actual status & derive actions to meet targets
- Work in conjunction with team, plants, and internal TMC partners to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to mitigate exceptions.
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product
- Support & Coach team to implement standardized processes at plants
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics
- Responsible for accuracy of short & long term planning
- Collect & analyze KPIs, develop and update dashboards to provide insights for improvements
- Participate in requirements and design workshops
- Assist in preparation of project deliverables, milestones and required tasks
- Completes assigned tasks within project to ensure project is delivered within appropriate schedule
- Define & support process development for Onsite Planning Team (transportation planning, operations planning, escalations, etc.)
- Support development of end user training
- Taking calls during off hours or weekends to assist with customer issues
- Will travel periodically in and out of the US as necessary which requires a passport
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4+ years of experience in Transportation Operations.
- Must have at least 3+ years previous experience coaching and mentoring direct reports
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience using SAP and transportation management systems
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience working with MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- A degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, or Logistics is preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to be flexible in work schedule and hours.
- Good customer relations skills and ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all management levels
- Ability to grasp new concepts and quickly adapt to changing circumstances/environment
- Good time management skills and strong ability to manage several projects and tasks at once and excellent ability to prioritize time and efforts
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities and systematically approach them to make improvements both short term and long term.
- Ability to effectively lead meetings – face to face, conference calls, & web based.
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement Process & Lean Six Sigma Problem Solving tools (5 Whys, 5S, A3, ANOVA, PDCA, SIPOC, VSM)
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected, Veteran/Disabled.