Product Data Management (PDM) Specialist
- N Hwy 81, Anderson, SC 29621, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
1. Complete all duties necessary for processing and organizing the implementation of Engineering Changes (EC's) for assigned products, and support new products with the required documentation. Cross functional change coordination of AdP specific tasks and activities.
2. Maintain detailed knowledge of assigned products and processes. Ensure compliance with the EC process (including Bosch Norms, Directives, and Standards). In collaboration with the cross functional team, ensure coordination of multiple ECs and timing to minimize risks when implementing.
3. Complete all duties necessary to process Product Releases such as creating new Material Masters, Bill of Materials, and coordination with cross functional teams.
4. Maintain regular contact with associates in lead plant PDM departments to ensure AdP is listed correctly as an affected plant. Maintain contact with engineers, production, logistics and other associates, and frequent contact with managers to get approvals. Provide communication of change status with AdP team and other Bosch locations, as appropriate.
5. Actively work to resolve EC timing or other issues in conjunction with the appropriate lead plant and cross functional team. Identify issues quickly and support solutions and/or elevate within the organization to avoid impact to deliverables.
6. Coordinate and manage the quality of third party providers for timely updates of Production Documentation, Engineering Documents, and/or Database Support.
7. Support and lead portions of SAP ERP projects. To include, but not limited to, key user functions, functional testing, data migration testing, and implementation of new software tools.
8. Support product team, CIP activities, and Policy Deployment objectives.
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in an Engineering, IT or business discipline or minimum 5 years exp. in manufacturing support with demonstrated project leadership and Systems (SAP) experience
- Demonstrated communication skills and leading others without direct organizational leadership
- High level of attention to details
- Previous experience with automotive manufacturing
- Technical documentation experience (preferably with Bosch) knowledge of EC and Release process. SAP experience
- Experience in coordinating with third party support vendors.
- Some German Language skills would be a plus
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled. BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)