Task and Motion Planning Expert
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
We are looking for a talented Task and Motion Planning Expert to join our research team. As an Expert in Task and Motion Planning you’ll be developing advanced algorithms and techniques for mobile robots in the areas of task allocation, team formation, multi-robot path planning and motion planning. As an expert, you take part in original research and publications at top robotics conferences and journals while cooperating with international academic partners in the field of mobile robotics. For example, you take part in interdisciplinary internal or publicly-funded projects or research projects together with Bachelor and Master students that you supervise. Inside Bosch, you will collaborate with product development at business units for the transfer of methods and software prototypes. In this context, you will explore and evaluate a broad spectrum of robotic platforms from consumer and professional use-cases, as well as applications in the areas of Robotics, Industry 4.0, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- 3+ years of experience in software development, programming skills in Python and C++
- Strong mathematical background
- Excellent general problem-solving skills
- International publications record in/at top journals and conferences
- Experience with state-of-the-art methods for multi-robot planning, team formation, task allocation, robot navigation, and motion planning, both in theory and practice
- Structured working practice and a team player
- Finished or soon-to-be-finished PhD in Computer Science or a related field
Nice to haves:
- Experience with robot systems, system integration, robots in application-near scenarios
- Excellent skills in Linux, ROS, Gazebo
- Knowledge of machine learning/deep learning techniques
- Contribution to relevant open source projects is a plus just as practical experiences in software design and maintenance of large projects
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates).
Need support during your application?
Diana Stüber (Human Resources)
+49 (711) 811 10356
Need further information about the job?
Alexander Kleiner (Functional Department)
+49 (174) 727 5210