Embedded Software & PC Software Development Engineer
- 3021 Miller Road, Ann Arbor, MI, us
- Legal Entity: ETAS Inc.
ETAS provides innovative solutions for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and other sectors of the embedded industry. Embedded security solutions are offered by the ETAS subsidiary ESCRYPT. Established in 1994, ETAS GmbH is a 100-percent subsidiary of the Bosch Group, with international offices in Europe, North and South America, and Asia.
At ETAS, we look for motivated individuals with initiative and drive. We offer superb benefits that extend beyond our excellent compensation package and bonus plan. ETAS values the balance between personal and professional growth and company interests. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you! Welcome to ETAS!
Primary Purpose / Basic Tasks:
Responsible for developing embedded microcontroller and microprocessor (micro) software running on evaluation boards and test platform boards with automotive micros (Renesas, NXP, Infineon, NVIDIA) used in ADAS ECU’s. Primary function of FW/SW is to simulate customer use cases while exercising the interface (JTAG, DAP, Aurora, PCIe, other) from the micro to the measurement and calibration tool, or rapid prototyping tool. Additionally develop FW for pushing measurement data onto Debug and/or PCIe interface.
Responsible for developing driver for interfacing PCIe interface to PC based measurement application.
Responsible for configuration of PC based measurement GUI/interface for use in ADAS test cases.
Responsible for test & validation FW/SW driver and of FW used to push data out of micro.
Key Business Results and Performance Indicators
Projects on time and meeting quality expectations
Self motivated, Ability to work and thrive in an Agile development environment
Within the initial 12 months of employment, spend approximately 6 months at ETAS Germany for training purposes
Excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position including frequent international communications with personnel in Germany.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in EE, CE or CS from an accredited university or college
- Must have at least 1+ years of experience in software and firmware design with embedded micros
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of experience in embedded systems development including HW/SW/FW debugging and troubleshooting using tools like debuggers, compilers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and ICE
- Master's degree in EE, CE or CS desired
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, C#, etc.); real-time systems (RT Linux, QNX, Kithara etc.) TCP / IP, and XCP; knowledge of validation of Automotive embedded control systems (ADAS, Electrification, …).
- Knowledge/Use of ATDF and or ROS logging & visualization tools
- High quality awareness / mindset
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.