BCAI_Big Data Engineer
- Bosch Koramangala, Bengaluru, KA, in
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Ltd.
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) provides services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: Manufacturing, Engineering, Autonomous driving, Supply Chain Management and Intelligent Services, etc. BCAI currently has offices in Bengaluru, Stuttgart and Silicon valley.
For more info, Please visit: https://www.bosch-ai.com
The Corporate Research division of Robert Bosch GmbH has over 1300 people worldwide, who specialize in delivering the next generation breakthroughs in technology. Some of the areas of research include software intensive systems, artificial intelligence, robotics, computer vision, human computer interaction, energy, materials, production technology and software engineering. This research is the foundation for Bosch’s innovations that pave the way for the technologies of tomorrow that will shape our lives. We collaborate with top researchers at leading research institutes and universities all over the world in order to retain our competitiveness. We rely on our global network of Bosch research locations in Germany, USA, India, Singapore, China, Japan and Russia to achieve this goal.
Take a look at Bosch Research: www.bosch.com/research
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI), is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global supplier of technology and services, offering end to end engineering, IT and Business solutions.
RBEI has over 18000 associates; RBEI is the largest software development center of Bosch outside Germany, indicating we are the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India. RBEI focal industries: Automotive industry, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods and Building Technology.
Bosch is at the forefront of innovation in the connected world and is impacting millions of lives every day through its products in mobility, industrial technology, consumer goods and energy and smart building sectors. We rely on data for every aspect of our product lifecycle and operations and we collect a lot of it every day. Our team is responsible for enabling a wide variety of Bosch product teams to make use of advancements in AI through centralized services that involve streaming data from connected services to building and deploying state-of-art AI solutions. You will be part of a global team to make this happen !
We are looking for a talented professional who is passionate about building fault-tolerant data services and analytics tools targeted towards cutting-edge applications. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and will have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products
• Design technology architectures required for data driven solutions, work closely with data scientists & engineers in this regard
• Ownership on end to end architecture right from ingress of data to creating prototype tangible solutions & applications.
• Ability to guide the team to make right technology choices in delivering solutions, evolve best practices & guidelines for technology solutions
• Explore new technologies in the open source framework – Maintain & update technology stack with these findings
• Communication with various levels of management and technical staff
• Some travel may be required.
• Overall 3+ Years’ experience with at least 2+ Years on Big Data implementation project
• Proficiency with Spark and MapReduce programming
• Core experience in Java / Scala / Python – for data processing, other scripting languages optional
• Experience with Big data work flows – Spark, Kafka, MR, Sqoop, HDFS-Hive, Solr, etc,
• Exposure to NoSQL databases (e.g., HBase, Mongo DB)
• Knowledge of Hadoop administration – Cloudera/Hortonworks
• Experience with SQL database querying.
Good to have:
• Knowledge in Text Mining, Semantic Web and Predictive Analytics will an added advantage
• Knowledge on elastic search, Amazon cloud, Matlab, SAP would be an added advantage.
• In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Application/Code Optimizations expertise.
Post graduate in IT/Engineering with relevant work experience
Relavent experience in the range of 3- 6 years