Driver Assistance Systems (Radar Development) – (B Section Kettering University Co-Op)
- 15000 N Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops Driver Assistance functions like
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Predictive Emergency Brake Systems (PEBS), Lane Departure Warning/Keeping Systems (LDW, LKS), Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Advanced Parking Assistance, and many more.
For these functions Bosch has all necessary sensors in our portfolio (e.g. radar, video, ultrasonic sensors, …).
In our offices in Plymouth, MI and Palo Alto, CA we develop state of theart systems as well as advanced features leading to partly/highly automated driving. Join us to become part of the exciting and growing
field of Driver Assistance.
Driver Assistance Systems (Radar Development) – Co-Op Student
Robert Bosch LLC is looking for a Co-op student at our Plymouth, MI location. This position will support development activities of advanced radar based driver assistance functions. The ideal candidate would be highly self-motivated and have the willingness to dive right in. You will work directly with an entire development team including software developers, application / calibration engineers, and project managers to develop project specific solutions for driver assistance and/or automated driving technologies.
Below is a highlight of the things you would being working on:
The student will be responsible for supporting testing and/or tuning specific radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) ,Predictive Emergency Braking Systems (PEBS), or partial automated driving (PAD) functions depending on requirements coming from US customer.
Selection of detailed tasks which are applicable:
- Support the application team with tuning/calibration/verification of radar based adaptive cruise control functions and/or predictive safety functions
- Define, perform and document test plan strategies, drive vehicle tests according to customer requirements.
- Perform basic tests in the vehicle on the proving ground and on public roads.
- Support the team for vehicle equipment (alignment, re-flash of ECUs, testing).
- Participate in internal training to learn necessary tools (e.g., Vector, CANape, CANalyzer, SW and engineering tools like ClearQuest, Doors and Eclipse).
-Learning-by-doing, fully integrated in global project team with team members in both Germany and the USA.
-Depending on project needs, interest and software background of applicant:
A software development task could be possible (e.g. project specific algorithm improvement, tool development, data mining, programming of vehicle CAN gateways, programming of test scripts).
- Participate in the CIP (Continuous Improvement Process). E.g. improve the efficiency of testing procedures and daily work activities.
Depending on project needs, interest, and software background of applicant:
- A software development task could be possible (e.g. project specific algorithm improvement, tool development, data mining, programming of vehicle CAN gateways, programming of test scripts)
Supervisory tools utilized to keep track of the student’s progress:
- Initial start-up meeting. One-on-one meeting minimum every two weeks. Active participation in team/staff meetings and some customer meetings where applicable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to fit within a committed and cooperative team environment
- Able to work independently in an organized and structured manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible, reliable, and able to work under time pressure
- Participation in students groups / organizations (e.g. FSAE, EcoCAR, AutoDrive Challenge, etc.) is preferred but not required
- Currently enrolled with Kettering University
- Section B Student
- Currently pursing a bachelors degree in electrical, mechanical, or software engineering
- Interested in the automotive industry, driver assistance, and advanced embedded technologies
- English speaker (official corporate language), additional languages encouraged
- U.S. driver's license with good driving record
- Must be 18 years or older
- Comfortable with in-vehicle testing
- Able to understand and modify C/C++ and Python code
- Knowledge of automotive data acquisition tools like Vector CANape, CANalyzer
- Willingness to travel to support testing events or project support
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.