Electronics/Mechatronics- Kettering University Co-op Section B
- 15000 Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive OE and aftermarket products, industrial automation and mobile products, power tools and accessories, security technology, and packaging equipment.
For over a century the name "Bosch" has been associated with forward-looking technology and trailblazing inventions that have made history. Bosch does business all over the world and is active in the most wide-ranging sectors. As a leading supplier in the automotive industry, Robert Bosch LLC has made its Farmington Hills and Plymouth Michigan facilities the headquarters for its North American automotive businesses. These facilities house more than 1,700 associates who are dedicated to improving relationships with our customers and furthering Bosch's technologies.
Work in electronics lab supporting development of electronic devices; prototype concepts, wiring harnesses, and misc electronic repair and modifications of custom modules.
Follow detailed build plans of misc components, and replicate assembly steps to expected quality standards.
Soldering techniques including surface mount and Infrared rework.
Understanding techniques of electrical troubleshooting: including review of schematics and electronic component data sheets as required. Gather and compile data for test reports.
Create test boxes, assist in the building of custom testers; involving mechanical box, electrical loads, and connections.
Custom build/fabrication of mechanical enclosures and fixtures utilizing power tools and machining equipment.
Vehicle modifications including harness and component fabrication installs, removing interiors and replacing back to original condition.
Preferred Candidate will be:
- Dependable, accountable, flexible with deliverable timing and working schedule
- Organized, self driven, motivated, willingness to learn
- Can work in a team environment or by oneself
- Can communicate with team members and customers with both written and verbal skills
- Currently enrolled at Kettering University
- Pursusing a bachelor's degree in EE or CE/CS
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be 18 years or older
- Experience using multi meters, power supplies and other small test equipment
- Experience writing up documentation for processes and procedures
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.