Sales Manager – South East (Security & Life Safety Systems)
- GA-54, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
In North America, Bosch Security Systems works closely with an extensive network of dealers and integrators to design dependable solutions for the market. Bosch products are designed to work together to maximize facility control, better mitigate risks and make systems easy to use and manage. The company’s broad portfolio of products and systems are used by retail stores, government agencies, hospitals, critical infrastructure facilities, and in many other residential, commercial and industrial environments throughout the region.
Bosch is committed to upholding the highest standards for service. Our goal is total customer satisfaction through products, service and support.
In this role, you will have responsibility for sales and distribution activities in the South East of the United States for Bosch Building Technology. You will direct and control all sales activities to implement strategic sales and marketing plans that are developed by the Business Unit’s marketing and product management organizations. You will partner with the VP of Sales, Key Account Managers (KAM); Business Development Managers (SBV) and the Business Units to strengthen existing and gain market share with in the region. You will increase product awareness and technical competence of regional teams. You will partner with, and manage, activities of the regional team to ensure productivity and results meet or exceed the Bosch Business Plan. This role has 7-10 Sales District Managers (SDM) direct reports.
- Prepares annual sales plan by collaborating with the VP of Sales, Business Unit and marketing managers, and finance controllers to develop strategies and tactics necessary to achieve profitable revenue growth in assigned regions. Works with assigned business unit to forecast the production requirements of products needed to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Manages the region through a planned set of actions that create awareness and promote acceptance of the products by various channel sales initiatives. Evaluates sales and distribution channels. Determines what optimal local strategies best fit with higher-level corporate objectives. Anticipates regional market trends and amend strategies and tactics as appropriate. Effectively prospects new channel partners and achieves gains in market share. Recruits Sales District Managers, dealers, and distributors; thereby, establishing effective territory coverage. Evaluate competitors’ products to identify differences. Establish sales quotas, monitor performance, and initiate countermeasures if results fall short of goals. Conducts monthly and other periodic performance reviews with each direct report to discuss goal achievement, performance and career development. Mentors direct and indirect reports. Uses creativity and resourcefulness to uncover business opportunities and possess the commercial savvy to appropriately evaluate them. Assists Sales District Managers in negotiating and closing sales if necessary. Complies with established departmental procedures for quoting prices, terms of sales, delivery commitments, merchandise returns and warranty policies.
- Develop sales presentations and marketing communications plans, technical support and training programs. Attend trade shows. Communicate market and customer requirements to marketing and product management organizations.
You bring a minimum of 10 years industry experience in sales, along with a solid background in Electronic Security and Life Safety and knowledge of systems integration.
Bachelor’s degree in related business or technical area.
Diverse knowledge in areas of personnel management, project management, business operations, and business development.
Proven ability to mentor and motivate; manage performance effectively.
Strong presentation skills.
Ability to plan, organize and move forward to achieve timely and worthwhile goals.
Can recognize and capitalize on new and existing market opportunities.
Demonstrates strong work and business ethics.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time.
Must live within assigned region - Southeast United States.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)