Project Management Internship - Powertrain Validation & Launch Management
- Bosch Warwick Technical Centre, 1 Viscount Centre, Millburn Hill Road, Coventry, gb
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Robert Bosch Ltd is offering a 2nd or 3rd year student the opportunity to work within the Powertrain Sales Department of the Orgininal Equipment Division on a 14-month internship scheme commencing July 2019. The position is located in our BWTC office, situated in the Science Park next to the University of Warwick.
The placement involves working closely with the Launch Manager and Validation Engineer to ensure new engine and vehiles fitted with Bosch products have a flawless launch. Working within the Bosch project management landscape, you will be involved with ensuring the latest automotive powertrain technology is validated and launched successfully in line with project quality gates.
The placement will provide the opportunity of gaining insight into the operation of global automotive systems supplier and an insight as to how it interfaces with vehicle/engine manufacturers. There will be close cooperation with Bosch sales, engineering, production, logistics, project management, quality and warranty departments.
The successful applicant will work as a member of a team with a diverse range of responsibilities which may include the opportunity for visits to the customer in the UK and for some overseas travel to manufacturing sites.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Support Project Management activities to ensure Bosch powertrain products within JLR engine and vehicle applications are validated.
- Support Launch Management activities to ensure new JLR engine and vehicles fitted with Bosch powertrain products have a flawless launch.
- Support investigation into engineering/quality issues with development teams to ensure the root cause is identified and that the corrective action(s) are applied.
- Visiting production plants to support launch activities (i.e. part handling analysis).
- Supporting the launch manager and validation engineer with planning validation and launch activities.
- Support the Sales Team with engineering change requests for mass production products.
- Support and present in customer meetings (Skype conferences).
- Supporting the sales manager with commercial tasks as required.
What distinguishes you
- Engineering undergraduate.
- Have an interest in automotive engineering and manufacturing.
- Have consideration for the project management and business aspects of engineering projects.
- Be proficient in MS Office applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Driving licence
- Self starter and self motivated.
- Have clear written and oral English skills.
- Be very professional and a good communicator.
Please note that we would like you to start in July 2019 for a 12-month Internship. This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course. Before applying for this vacancy, you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor.
Closing Date: 28th January 2019