Lead Software Engineer
- 38 Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, England, gb
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our established development team of ten engineers, developing our new generation cloud-based diagnostic solution. Employing a hybrid architecture including C++ native client, Angular JS & HTML5 single-page web application and Java server environment hosted on AWS, this product the subject of two live projects with major global vehicle manufacturers, with more in the pipeline for 2019. The team has developed a continuous build and deployment pipeline supported by high-coverage automated tests. There are further opportunities for refinement and improvement in many areas of software, architecture, deployment models and system testing that will present an interesting challenge for the right candidate.
- Lead fellow Scrum team members to refine and split user stories together with the Product Owner
- Take a lead role in the architectural design work to identify how new features fit into the existing software architecture
- Perform complex architecturally-critical software development work to ensure a robust and reliable base on which to build additional sub-features
- Set the software coding standards, design language (tools & techniques), configuration management processes and software development processes used by the software development team
- Support individual senior software engineers to design the sub-feature software to a stage that is appropriate for the rest of the team to commence development
- Design and develop software features based on tasks defined together with fellow Scrum team members
- Peer review code developed by other team members
- Demonstrate completed software in internal and occasionally in customer Sprint Reviews
- Actively learn new tools and technologies as required for the project
- Ensures that suitable automated software test techniques are used to develop robust and high-coverage tests that are executed on a regular basis
- Report on software development process topics at software release gate review meetings
- Investigate and find solutions for complex software defects
- Identify, coach and support the skills development of more junior engineers
- Three or more years’ experience of developing production software
- Java EE technologies, in particular RESTful Web Services
- Unit test and End-to-end test development using JUnit, Karma and Protractor
- Cloud deployment of web-based applications
- Code quality assurance approaches (peer code review, static analysis)
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web-based applications
- Agile development as part of a Scrum team
- Demonstrable software design skills
- Dedication to high quality, on time delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- C++ 11
- AngularJS or similar Single Page Application framework
- Awareness of Java database technologies
- Configuration management
- Source code control (e.g. GIT)
- Jira for managing development and correcting defects
- Automated end-to-end test development (e.g. Robot, Selenium)
- Automated testing of web applications
Occasionally, depending on project needs, the successful candidate may be required to travel in the UK and internationally, for both customer meetings and technical meetings with Bosch colleagues.
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development