Test Application Engineer
- Milburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our vehicle test and configuration (VCATS) product area. This role focuses upon the project management of Vehicle Configuration and Test System (VCATS) projects in relation to two of our key customers on a global basis. This project encompasses the following elements: Enterprise solutions, Vehicle test and configuration, Interfaces with plant systems, Hardware and software, and Custom engineering solutions with services and support.
- Authoring End of Line Tests and Sequences executed at the EOL System of the Car Manufacturer
- Preparing design specification documentation for automotive test and configuration strategies
- Implementing required test strategies
- Supporting integration validation and systems assurance functions
- Testing/validating and deploying of end of line diagnostic equipment
- Preparing and participating in plant launches of test systems
- Liaising with customer in requirement definition and problem resolutions
- Providing periodic assistance to new project work definition phases
- Assisting in system integration and validation activities
- Planning sub sections of a project, reporting status to project manager. Creation of validation and acceptance test plans and customer user documents
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or possess equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of vehicle diagnostic communications, terminology and SAE standards (e.g. analyse CAN traces)
- Understanding of vehicle sub-systems (including electrical design)
- A high degree of customer focus
- Knowledge of vehicle manufacturing processes and testing techniques
- IT literate
- SQL Server/Databases Knowledge
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development