Senior Software Engineer
- 38 Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, England, gb
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing high quality software for our GRADE-X Mobile cloud-based diagnostic solution.
- Provide a level of leadership in the design and development of software components
- Able to produce high quality software with minimum oversight
- Able to contribute to and take responsibility for software architectural decisions
- Work together with fellow Scrum team members and the Product Owner to refine and split user stories
- Design and develop software features based on tasks defined together with fellow Scrum team members
- Investigate and correct software defects
- Define and implement automated software tests against task and user story acceptance criteria
- Peer review code developed by other team members
- Provide mentoring to junior team members
- Proactively contribute to development process improvement activities through sprint retrospectives etc.
- Demonstrate completed software in internal and occasionally in customer Sprint Reviews
- Actively learn new tools and technologies as required for the project
- Three or more years’ experience of developing production software
- Java EE technologies, in particular RESTful Web Services
- Unit test development
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web-based applications
- Demonstrable software design skills
- Dedication to high quality, on time delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified ScrumMaster
- AngularJS or similar Single Page Application framework
- Awareness of Java database technologies
- Agile development as part of a Scrum team
- Configuration management
- Source code control (e.g. GIT)
- Code quality assurance approaches (peer code review, static analysis)
- Jira for managing development and correcting defects
- Automated end-to-end test development (e.g. Robot, Selenium)
- Automated testing of web applications
- Cloud deployment of web-based applications
- Automated build systems e.g. Jenkins
- It would be an advantage to be fluent in a Second Language (French, Japanese, or German)
The successful candidate may be required to travel in the UK and internationally, for both customer meetings and technical meetings with Bosch colleagues.
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development