Project Engineer - Diagnostics
- Milburn Hill Rd, Coventry CV4, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
Are you an outstanding technician or engineer looking for a new challenge and to further your career? Do you have an engineering qualification, workshop experience or are you interested in automotive diagnostics and repair? Then this is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your technical expertise and join a motivated and talented team, as well as carry out interesting and diverse work in the automotive diagnosis field. There will be the opportunity to work from home on some occasions when project work permits, not to mention an opportunity to work on the latest automotive technology from luxury performance vehicles to electric vehicles and off-road vehicles for global, regional and customer projects.
As part of a diverse automotive diagnostics team you will be carrying out work on multiple projects as well as taking part in process and tool development activities - which can involve analysis of vehicle systems diagnostic quality, as well as evaluation of tools and techniques to aid in diagnosis of vehicle faults and also investigating quality concerns.
- Working closely with the customer and colleagues to understand requirements
- Contribute to development of processes and provide input to design tool requirements
- Produce written reports or documentation
- Work with the customer to collect information required to carry out analysis, or to create documentation
- Proactively contribute to development process improvement activities
- Analyse vehicle and workshop data
- Measurement/calibration activities on vehicle systems
- Experience of working in an automotive workshop or education in an automotive, electrical, mechanical engineering discipline (City and Guilds / HNC / HND / Degree)
- Knowledge of vehicle systems and their operation
- Knowledge of automotive quality issues, diagnostic tools and equipment
- Problem solving mind-set
- Good IT skills (office suite)
- Dedication to high quality, on time delivery
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys variety in day to day tasks and ability to learn quickly
- Master technician in any brand
- Degree in related discipline
- Experience using automotive diagnostic tools and equipment
- Experience working on electric vehicles
- Electrical fault finding experience
- Development of guided troubleshooting
- Understanding complex vehicle diagnosis
- Understanding of on-board and off-board diagnostic specifications and requirements
- Basic software coding skills
- Experience documenting or developing processes
Occasionally, depending on project needs, the successful candidate may be required to travel in the UK and internationally, for both customer meetings and technical meetings with Bosch colleagues.
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development