OES Apprentice Trainer Heavy Vehicle
- Fenton Way, Basildon SS15, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
The Training Centre in Basildon is the central location where our customer, a well-known vehicle manufacturer trains apprentices. Courses delivered covers the technical and practical elements of heavy vehicle maintenance and repair from a centre equipped with the manufacturer´s tools, equipment and vehicles. Training delivery combines nationally recognized qualifications with the manufacturer´s practices and procedures to ensure training is aligned to meet the needs of their busy dealerships. There is element of functional skills that will be delivered to ensure apprentices gain a full framework. The OES Apprentice Trainer Heavy Vehicle position is a critical role within the delivery and development of the Learner culminating in Framework completion and occupational competency for the Manufacturer.
- To support the Manufacturer Advanced Apprentice Programme delivery, by working closely with all associated personnel
- Deliver training and education in compliance with the agreed scheme of work specified quality standards
- Carry out welfare and Learner Review visits to specified quality standards
- Monitor Learner Health & Safety within the training environment and their workplace
- Assess candidates against agreed VCQ, Functional Skills & VRQ standards of competence using a range of assessment methods; this will includ electronic or manual logging of portfolio evidence to ensure timely and accurate Learner Progression
- Assess candidates working towards New Standards
- Assist when requested to the Learner Recruitment process in order to create vacancies, match, assess and interview prospective learners
- Carry out induction of new learners
- Ensure pastoral care is given to all learners in compliance with Bosch rules and the Loco Parentis policy
- Ensure that Programme Administrators are notified of learner absence promptly
- Invigilate electronic on-line testing and report results to ensure timely and accurate learner progression
- Monitor and update all allocated individual learning plans to ensure timely and accurate learner progression
- Prioritise and manage your own time to meet all schedules and target deadlines
- Contribute to the internal quality assurance of the Advanced Apprenticeship Programme
- Experience and relevant qualifications in automotive occupational areas
- O level / Key Skills Level 2 standard of education in English and Mathematics
- Training and Assessor qualifications (or willing to work towards)
- Able to work to tight deadlines in regional and customer sites
- IT literate
- Valid, clean driving license and willingness to travel to regional and customer sites
Your future career offers you:
Company car, competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development