Intern Software Developer
- 38 Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, England, gb
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
We are currently looking for a passionate, technically minded and driven Intern Software Developer to join our engineering team based in Cheadle, Stockport. You will work within one of our development teams producing software or hardware for the likes of Jaguar Land Rover, Mazda, Harley Davidson and Ford across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Developing cutting edge technology for industry leading automotive manufacturers
- Creating solutions to problems
- Researching and developing the next versions of our global product range
- Contributing to our product roadmap
- Releasing software updates to our international clients
- Designing bespoke solutions for our clients
- Contribute to our development teams
- You are studying Engineering, Computer Science or Software
- Software, Web, iOS or Android Development Experience
- An interest in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Driven by technology and interested in designing complex solutions for client’s problems
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge, use or participation in open source software projects an advantage
Please note that the placement will start in June/July 2019 for a 12-month internship.
This position is open to undergraduates who are required to partake in a work placement as part of their degree course. Before applying for this vacancy, you must inform your Faculty/School Placement Officer. If your Faculty/School does not have a Placement Officer, you must inform your Course Tutor. This is important because there may be the need for the employer to be verified by the University to ensure that, where applicable, the position can be credited to your degree.
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development