Embedded Software Engineer
- 38 Bird Hall Lane, Stockport, England, gb
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Ltd.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions provides the aftermarket and workshops worldwide with a complete range of diagnostic and repair shop equipment and a wide range of spare parts for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Its product portfolio includes products made as Bosch original equipment, as well as aftermarket products and services developed and manufactured in-house. In its “Automotive Service Solutions” operations, Bosch supplies testing and repair-shop technology, diagnostic software, service training and information services.
In it's Automotive Aftermarket division, Bosch employs more than 17,000 associates in 150 countries.
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join our Telediagnosis team in Stockport. Successful candidates will be focused on the adaption of our embedded Telediagnosis platform to deliver Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) solutions for our customers.
- Working as part of a small team, you will be involved in the design and definition of complex software solutions deployed on vehicles
- Collaborating with engineering teams across various Bosch divisions, you will construct dependable solutions that seamlessly integrate functionality from disparate software systems
- Your focus will be the enhancement of our Telediagnosis platform, helping define and develop the next generation such that it continues to satisfy the requirements of existing customers while being flexible and extensible enough to meet the needs of future customers
- Embedded software components developed by you will be widely ported to many embedded hardware devices and architectures, such as Bosch’s own Car Communication Unit (CCU) or Central Gateway (CGW), or to alternative non-Bosch devices as directed by our customer
- When required you will help our customers understand the possibilities of what can be achieved through introduction of the Telediagnosis platform to their vehicles, working with them to develop and document their use cases
- You are a professional software engineer and have at least 5 years’ experience of working in a commercial software development environment, predominantly gained while using C and C++ to develop software for embedded Linux operating systems
- You are a self-motivated, forward looking team player who can prioritise and organise effectively
- You are familiar with modern embedded software methods and principles and are happy to work in an agile way to deliver high quality code and corresponding unit tests
- You have a proven ability to enhance and debug legacy code and a willingness to take ownership of complex software systems
- You have proven experience in translating requirements into appropriate system and sub-system designs at the component level, applying design patterns and object oriented principles as necessary, capturing designs in UML models and detailed specification documents
- You have strong technical and analytical skills and are comfortable working with internal and customer teams to elicit and capture requirements
Travel is infrequent, but when necessary will include travel to international destinations.
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and pension, flexible worktime options, employee discounts including various sports and health opportunities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, room for creativity and many opportunities for personal and professional development