New Product Introduction Engineer
- Cotswold Way, Worcester Park KT4, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for nine years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacturing of gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our oil boilers are manufactured.
- Responsible for the introduction of externally procured component parts and materials via the selection and appraisal of suppliers in accordance with Bosch procedures.
- Analyse technical data designs and preliminary specifications against manufacturing limitations and supplier capabilities to establish robust specifications.
- Responsible for achievement of project goals.
- To work on introduction of new projects with cross functional teams both internally and internationally within Bosch.
- An excellent knowledge of mechanical components, system and manufacturing processes.
- Driver for Advanced Quality Planning and final release of purchased parts ensuring process stability throughout.
- Play a key role in supplier technical meetings.
- Simultaneous engineering for new product development.
- Responsible for investigations of alternative materials, processes and technologies and their implementation into the business.
- Provide technical support to the Commercial Buyers.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Other general projects or Purchase Engineering duties as necessary.
- Minimum HND or equivalent in Engineering/Manufacturing discipline.
- At least 3 years experience in a technical field – preferred experience in development, manufacturing, technical purchasing or quality.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning tools.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the business.
- Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally with overnight stops.
- Extensive skills with Microsoft products and use of SAP preferable.
- Clean and full UK driving license.