Resident Engineer Automotive Electronics (H/F)
- 126 Rue de Stalingrad, 93700 Drancy, France
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (France) SAS
The Bosch Group is a leading global provider of technology and services. With a workforce of around 402,000 employees worldwide, the Bosch Group generated sales of 78.1 billion euros in 2017. Its activities are divided into four sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technologies, Consumer Goods and Techniques for Energy and Buildings. As a leader in the Internet of Things (IoT), Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes, smart cities, connected mobility and the connected industry. With 23 sites in France, 11 of which have a Research & Development activity, all of the Group's activities are now represented in France. In 2017, with a workforce of around 7,500 people, Bosch France achieved a turnover of more than 3.2 billion euros in the country. Description of the division
Leader in the global market, the "Automotive Electronics" division develops and markets micro-electronic components (sensors, relays), gearbox control units and driver assistance systems.
Robert Bosch is looking for a passionate Engineer to become part of a well-established, successful and dynamic global team to represent its products at a major Automaker. The selected individual will need to possess great electrical / electronic and software engineering curiosity and have an outstanding mindset of customer service and cooperation. This position would provide opportunities for growth, international experiences, travel and exposure to innovative automotive technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Help integrate Bosch automotive electronic products into vehicles while providing a positive experience for a major Automaker.
- Act as liaison to support Bosch and a major Automaker’s engineering team.
- Assist in defining product requirements.
- Evaluate design alternatives.
- Root cause technical issues and drive process improvements.
- Oversee, review, and report program milestones.
- Release products in the Automaker’s database, as needed.
- Mainly residing at the Automaker’s location.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Technical Competencies
- Understanding and experience with vehicle communication protocols and associated programming and monitoring tools.
- Ability to use measurement equipment such as Multi-meter, Oscilloscope and others as needed.
- Knowledge of circuits - ability to read and understand component level and vehicle schematics.
- Understanding of embedded software and microcontroller architecture. Software development experience would be a bonus.
- Willingness to engage with other disciplines (for example mechanical and project management).
- Soft Skills
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Able to create an effective professional network.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that can relate to other’s perspectives.
- Superior customer relations.
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure to meet program and product milestones.
- Excellent time management skills - manage multiple simultaneous projects efficiently.
- Takes self-ownership and responsibility of the project, in his/her conduct, work ethic, integrity and character.
This offer relates to the legal entity Robert Bosch France.
Location : Drancy site