Field Applications Engineer - Prototyping & Software Development
- 3021 Miller Road, Ann Arbor, MI, us
- Legal Entity: ETAS Inc.
ETAS provides innovative solutions for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry and other sectors of the embedded industry. Embedded security solutions are offered by the ETAS
subsidiary ESCRYPT. Established in 1994, ETAS GmbH is a 100-percent subsidiary of the Bosch Group, with international offices in Europe, North and South America, and Asia.
At ETAS, we look for motivated individuals with initiative and drive. We offer superb benefits that extend beyond our excellent compensation package and bonus plan. ETAS values the balance between personal and professional growth and company interests. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you! Welcome to ETAS!
Solution Development: Propose and specify tailored ETAS SE solutions that improve the customer’s software development processes. Lead and manage technical interaction with customers - including developing a good understanding of their use cases, developing appropriate solutions using ETAS standard products and engineering, and driving customer requirements into ETAS product development as needed. Serve as the interface between the customer, product development, solution management and product management.
Technical Expert: Establish and maintain a strong understanding of both existing key customer as well as newer strategic customers’ embedded software development processes, especially as it relates to the development of embedded software. Create and maintain demo and training material for both internal and external use. Execute key evaluation and integration projects. Represent ETAS at relevant industry events as well on social media.
Business Development: Support the pre-sales cycle and overall account strategy in close coordination with the account manager(s) through presentations, demonstrations, managing customer evaluation projects etc. Help sales team understand the proper positioning of ETAS SE solutions in order to target the right customer group. Identify and prioritize key customer activities by matching needs with available product/solution maturity.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Must have at least 1+ years of experience in embedded software development, including writing, debugging testing and analyzing C-code for embedded targets
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of experience with AUTOSAR and AUTOSAR basic software
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with vehicle communication buses (CAN, LIN, Ethernet), basic software, real-time operating systems, compilers, and microcontrollers/ ECUs.
- Experience in handling customer interaction and working with internal cross-functional teams – including organizational, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on knowledge of ETAS software engineering and AUTOSAR tools, including INTECRIO, EHOOKS, ASCET, ES910, ISOLAR-A/B and ISOLAR-EVE
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.