PhD - Sabbatical in Deep Learning Perception for Autonomous Driving
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The Deep Learning group at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) provides the opportunity for PhD students in the field of machine learning to perform an industry sabbatical for 3 - 12 months. Bosch, as one of the worldwide leading companies in the field of autonomous driving provides a unique experience to see where state-of-the-art AI techniques can be applied for the mobility of the future. At BCAI we build the foundation to generate real-world impact through cutting edge deep learning, with a strong focus on making neural networks for perception more safe, robust, and explainable. During the PhD sabbatical you will get the chance to develop and implement novel deep learning algorithms, and evaluate them on multi-modal open and Bosch datasets. Together with BCAI researchers you will perform original research, theoretical investigations, and aim to publish at top conferences.
- Help shape the future: You take part at explaining decisions of Deep Learning algorithms for object detection and semantic segmentation and increasing the robustness of Deep Learning against natural variability and adversarial attacks.
- Observe, and think ahead: You search automated architecture and hyper parameter optimization.
- Structured evaluation: You use Generative Adversarial Networks for synthetic data generation in driving scenarios.
- Personality: strong team player
- Working Practice: excellent communication skills and analytical thinking
- Experience: minimum 1 year in a PhD program in machine learning, preferably Deep Learning, or related fields like computer vision and in development and implementation of state-of-the art DL technologies. Preferably strong experience with Deep Learning frameworks Keras and Tensorflow, very good publication record, at least one publication at top tier conferences in the field of machine learning or computer vision.
- Qualifications: proven programming skills, in particular Python
- Languages: very good English skills
- Education: master of science in computer science, mathematics, or related fields
Duration: 3 years
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Michael Pfeiffer and Bastian Bischoff (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 18195 and +49 711 811 35040