PhD - Probabilistic graphical models for Multi-agent systems
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Understanding the behavior of multiple agents in an environment is of great importance for various applications such as autonomous driving. One powerful tool for studying such behaviors is game theory. However, most of the game theoretic approaches are computationally expensive and may not provide accurate predictions. Therefore, applying side information such as expert knowledge about the dependencies between different features of the dynamic can greatly reduce the computational expenses and improve the accuracy. Probabilistic graphical models (PGMs) are promising for encoding such side information and systematic treatment of uncertainty in a dynamic environment. Your tasks will be:
- Original research: Development of multi-agent models and PGMs, development and implementation of inference algorithms
- Publications in top-tier journals & conferences and supervision of Master students
- Collaboration with Machine Learning experts within the existing research team at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, physics, or related subjects with experience in machine learning
- Excellent achievements during university studies
- Programming skills, in particular Python or MATLA
- Experience in development and implementation of machine learning software
- Motivation to work in an international team and strong English skills
- Highly self-motivated, interested in advancing the state of the art in machine learning modeling methods
Duration: 3 years
The final PhD topic is subject to your university.
Need support during your application ?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Dr. Michael Hanselmann (Business Department)
+49 711 811-49420