Field Service Technician (Hydraulics)
- 10305 Round Up Ln, Houston, TX 77064, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You’ll find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You’ll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories.
The Field Service Technician will perform hydraulic drive field service work at customer sites thoughout US and occasionally abroad. Duties include installation, supervision, testing, troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance, scheduled and emergency maintenance, retrofits, startup and commissioning of hydraulic motors, power units, accessories, piping and control systems.
- Complete work per customer and factory specifications
- Write trip reports and submit written documentation per standards
- Provide technical support and training as required to internal and external customers
- Lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- Perform physically strenous work activities/tasks for a continued period of time in demanding conditions, such as inclement weather, etc.
- Travel on immediate notice for extended periods by driving and by plane up to 80% of the time. Possession or ability to obtain valid driver’s license and passport is required.
- Train and achieve MSHA, HUET, TWIC and other customer certifications as required.
- Work offshore, at high altitude and underground as required wth strict adherence to all company and customer safety requirements.
*Ability to work remotely if not currently in the proximity of a local office and living within 50 miles of major metropolitan airport
- Must have an Associates degree or 2+ years of vocational training in hydraulics
- Must have a minimum of 2+ experience as a field service technician in hydraulics or power transmission
- Must have 5+ years overall experience working in a troubleshooting, service and repair capacity
- Ideal candidate will have on-site, direct customer and previous travel experience
- Experience with offshore or marine hydraulics a plus
- Experience with control systems or programmable Logic Controls (PLC) preferred
- Fluid power or mill wright certification a plus
- Working knowledge of computer and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiar with safe use of hand and power tools
- Forklift and/or crane certification a plus.
- Demonstated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Good listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present and maintain a positive and professional image with ability to build customer relationships
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.