eAxle Gearbox Development Engineer
- 38000 Hills Tech Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Powertrain Solutions is a provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
88,000 associates in 27 countries and more than 90 locations worldwide are playing their part in the success of Powertrain Solutions.
Electrified Vehicle System Engineering is responsible for regional development of electrified powertrain components and systems for the North American market. We handle advanced engineering as well as production development of power electronics, electric drives, and integrated e-drive systems.
The eAxle gearbox development engineer will be responsible for working as part of a global team for the development of next generation electric drive axle systems. As such, the engineer will be required to have a detailed understanding of these units’ core components, have prior experience in gear design and analysis, and experience of simulation, testing and validation of gearbox components. The engineer will use this knowledge to support the following:
- Work with internal partners an external suppliers to assist in the development of electric drive systems with a focus on design and analysis of gearboxes for performance, efficiency and NVH
- Participate in customer discussions for advanced or acquisition opportunities
- Work closely with customer and internal acquisition teams to define customer requirements, technical specifications, and develop best solution for customer needs
- Ability to travel domestically 3-4 times per year; international 1-2 times per year
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering
- 4 or more years’ experience in automotive transmission development and testing
- 2 or more years’ experience in testing of gearbox assemblies for NVH performance
- Masters of Science in Engineering
- Prior experience in NX or similar 3D modeling software
- Experience in operating and processing data from powertrain test stands
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing processes (sand and die casting, machining, gear burrowing and grinding)
- Experience in defining assembly processes for complex gear systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- German language experience (reading comprehension and spoken)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)