Group Leader / Production Planner (Cable Assembly)
- 5150 Prairie Stone Pkwy, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with the local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. Our associates take on their customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries. You’ll find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You’ll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories.
This position is a cominbation of a Group Leader and Production Planner and will supervise a group of 8-12 cable assemblers. This includes organizing, training, coaching, and motivating employees to ensure the production schedule is kept. Company policies and directives must be kept while meeting quality and on-time objectives. Supplies and tools must be purchased timely to ensure a safe, clean, and productive work environment. The planning function involves the following:
- Schedule production orders and release orders to the floor
- Plan and Procure all parts required for produciton
- Determine department capacity and level of production to match
- Order all parts from our supplying plant and local vendors in a timely manner to meet the production schedule
- Travel and interaction with vendors and customers may be required
- Must have a minimum of a High School Degree or GED.
- Must possess at least 2+ years of production planning and 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years prior ERP/MRP experience in planning or logistics
- An Associates degree in business is preferred.
- Experience with SAP is highly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with bi-lingual spanish is a plus
- Strong follow-up skills, as well as, attention to detail will be required.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected, Veteran/Disabled.