Data Engineer - AI Training & Enabling
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years Bosch has established the BCAI as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI in Europe and the world.
To enable all of Bosch to use this competence and achieve its full potential as a data-driven IoT company we are developing the companies data strategy. In this process data engineers are of essential importance. Your task as a data engineer is to help shape, design and implement our strategy. You learn about and understand the needs and requirements of a large variety of business units.
In the process you give structure to the problems at hand and implement a complex, yet easy to utilize data infrastructure. This includes hands-on work on the projects. At the same time you have a responsibility to enable the individual users to fully utilize the developed methods and infrastructure. You design and present a training program for qualified software engineers helping them in their path of acquiring the skills of a data engineer. We hope that you feel like you are up to the challenge and would like to welcome you as part of our young and vibrant team as soon as possible.
- Help shape the future: You develop good practice for data engineering and train others.
- Create something new: You define data strategy for different business case contexts.
- Reliable implementation: You design and implement fault-tolerant data pipelines to integrate large amounts of data from many diverse storage systems.
- Take responsibility: You prepare data for analysis and provide critical feedback on issues of data integrity.
- Think holistically: You execute complex data engineering projects that have a significant impact on Bosch global business.
- Experience cooperation: You share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to customers, managers and key decision makers.
- Structured observation: You stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Observe, and think ahead: You promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
- Education: Excellent degree (PhD, Master) in physics, computer science, informatics or other engineering discipline
- Personality: Profound communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and motivating attitude
- Experience and Know-how: Experience in teaching complex content (e.g. tutorials), minimum 3 years of in-depth knowledge and working experience with distributed systems, minimum 3 programming languages (e.g. Scala, C++, Python), experience with integration of data from multiple data sources and with various messaging systems (Kafka or RabbitMQ)
- Working Practice: Able to manage and solve ongoing issues with a Spark/Hadoop cluster and willing to travel (20 %)
- Qualifications: Machine learning frameworks (Spark MLlib), general understanding of machine learning/deep learning methods and strong understanding in tuning and performance optimization of Apache Spark jobs
- Languages: Fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates, link to GitHub Respository or code sample).
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 33643