Enabling Data Engineer
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- Create something new: You design and implement fault-tolerant data pipelines to integrate large amounts of data from many diverse storage systems.
- Help shape the future: You develop good practice for data engineering and train others.
- Observe, and think ahead: You promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
- Take responsibility: You prepare data for analysis and provide critical feedback on issues of data integrity.
- Reliable implementation: You define data strategy for different business case contexts.
- Think holistically: You execute complex data engineering projects that have a significant impact on Bosch global business.
- Experience cooperation: You share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to customers, managers, and key decision makers.
- Structured observation: You stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Personality: profound communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and motivating attitude
- Working Practice: able to manage and solve ongoing issues with a Spark/Hadoop cluster and willing to travel (20 %)
- Experience and Know-how: minimum 3 years of in-depth knowledge and working experience with distributed systems, minimum 3 programming languages (e.g. Scala, Java, Python), experience with integration of data from multiple data sources and with various messaging systems (Kafka or RabbitMQ)
- Qualifications: machine learning frameworks (Spark MLlib), general understanding of machine learning/deep learning methods and strong understanding in tuning and performance optimization of Apache Spark jobs
- Languages: fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
- Education: excellent degree (Master) in computer science, informatics or other engineering discipline
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates, link to GitHub Respository or code sample).
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 33643