Power Electronics System Engineer
- 38000 Hills Tech Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Powertrain Solutions is a provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
88,000 associates in 27 countries and more than 90 locations worldwide are playing their part in the success of Powertrain Solutions.
Electrified Vehicle System Engineering is responsible for regional development of electrified powertrain components and systems for the North American market. We handle advanced engineering as well as production development of power electronics, electric drives, and integrated e-drive systems.
The power electronics system will be responsible for component application engineering within the region of existing inverter and combined inverter and DC/DC converter systems and to collect, document and work with the platform development team to realize customer needs for future generation components. As such, the engineer will be required to have a detailed understanding of these units’ core components, design limitations within these components, and the overall capabilities of the power conversion system and have the ability to support operation of the components and setup of testing at customer. The engineer will use this knowledge to support the following:
- Participate in customer discussions for advanced or acquisition opportunities for power-electronics
- Work closely with customer and internal acquisition teams to define customer requirements, technical specifications, and develop best solution for customer needs
- Ability to explain component performance and operational strategies, both for the hardware and software portions of the devices
- Ability to travel domestically 3-4 times per year; international 1-2 times per year
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3 or more years of automotive or transportation industry experience (can include direct work experience, academic, co-op or internship experience)
- 1 or more years’ experience working in automotive or transportation DC to DC conversion or AC to DC conversion device development (can include direct work experience, academic co-op or internship experience)
- Master of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Prior experience in development of electrified powertrain including experience working with automotive test cells and conducting in vehicle testing and application (
- Understanding of embedded control system software concepts and experience with C, C++, and XML computer code
- Prior experience working with Matlab Simulink for code generation
- Experience with ETAS INCA for calibration and software flashing of embedded control systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience from EcoCar or an SAE Collegiate Design Series
- German language experience (reading comprehension and spoken)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)