Commercial Sales Manager– HVAC (West Region)
- Home Office, Portland, OR
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Corp.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Commercial Sales Manager works within the assigned region with a network of business partners (commercial reps; engineers; architects; investors, contractors) to drive profitable business growth.
Develops network within the region to attain the maximum business potential, and develop relationships for long-term success. Functionally describe Bosch HVAC solutions and articulates Bosch capabilities and inter-operability with third-party products.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and document industry trends and issue relating reports to drive Commercial Sales strategy.
- Set sales targets for sales representatives and monitor progress both lost business and capture rates Implement improved processes where applicable for time-savings and cost efficiency within internal processes.
- Collaborate with internal planning and analysis, product management, development and partners on definition of business requirements, functional specifications, and scoping of product features and enhancements.
- Build Bosch relationship with and to engineering firms.
- Assist field sales at customer meetings by providing technical "know-how" and product expertise as required / requested.
- Conduct customer visits and provide high-level presentations about products and technical solutions provided by Bosch.
- Create and monitor development plans and tools for team to support a scalable future department model.
Other Job Requirements/Work Environment Characteristics: Will work from a home office and travel approximately 80% of the time to support reps and key customers. **Can be located in the Western part of the US. (NV, CA, OR, WA, AZ or CO)
- Bachelor's degree. (Technical discipline)
- 5+ years of experience as either an Applications Engineer, Sales Engineer or Technical Sales Representative for the HVAC industry, to include experience in business-to-business and/or high-tech environments delivering customer-driven solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with Commercial HVAC. (Commercial boilers, Water source Heat Pumps, AHU, burners, controls and/or Air Conditioning)
- Mechanical Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with application development, system sizing, calculation, commissioning and start-up.
- 1+ years of experience providing direct management/leadership involving reps, consulting engineers and contractors, with thorough knowledge of the commercial sales process.
- Knowledge of control systems and DDC.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- CAD/BIM software skills preferred.
- MS Office proficiency.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.