PhD - Patent Retrieval
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Your contribution to something big: Today, a lot of knowledge is hidden in large amounts of unstructured data available in various forms (e.g., scientific publications, Web content, corporate documents ...). Thus, sophisticated search functionality is of utmost importance. For instance, in the context of industry-related research, patent retrieval plays an important role in all kinds of research fields. To allow for better finding relevant patents and related scientific publications, semantic search functionality is required. Thus, while information retrieval research will be the main topic, related fields such as natural language processing as well as knowledge representation and reasoning will also be part of this project.
- Create something new: You develop and implement novel algorithms for information retrieval, in particular for patent ranking and similarity search.
- Help shape the future: You take part at technical discussions and develop of new ideas within the research team at the BCAI and domain experts from various fields within Bosch Corporate Research.
- Take responsibility: You do original research and publish in top-tier journals and at top-tier conferences.
- Experience cooperation: You collaborate with our information retrieval and NLP experts in Germany and the US and with some of BCAI’s various partners in academia.
- Personality: team player and self-motivated, inter-cultural and cross-domain proficiency
- Working Practice: independently and within a team environment
- Experience and Knowledge: Information Retrieval (in particular semantic search) and experience with open source tools such as Elasticsearch. Desirable: experience with Natural Language Processing and machine learning, and with respective state-of-the-art toolkits. Good communication and presentation skills.
- Languages: strong English skills and academic writing skills
- Education: master degree in Computer Science/Computational Linguistics (or related field) and proven programming skills, e.g., Python/Java/C++
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Need support during your application?
Laila Rottmann (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 49474
Need further information about the job?
Jannik Strötgen (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 37789