PhD - Natural Language Processing for the Material Sciences
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Your contribution to something big: Today, a lot of knowledge is hidden in large amounts of unstructured data available in various forms (e.g., scientific publications, Web content, corporate documents ...). Thus, text mining and natural language processing approaches are required to extract valuable information from textual resources, to manage extracted information in a meaningful way, and to build new knowledge by reasoning over extracted information. In this context, various machine learning methods including deep learning approaches can be benefitial in combination with linguistic and domain-specific knowledge.
- Create something new: You develop and implement novel algorithms for information retrieval, in particular for NLP and text mining solutions.
- Help shape the future: You take part at technical discussions and develop new ideas within the research team at BCAI and with domain experts from various fields within Bosch Corporate Research.
- Take responsibility: You do original research and publish in top-tier journals and at top-tier conferences.
- Experience cooperation: You collaborate with our NLP and machine learning experts in Germany and the US and with some of BCAI’s various partners in academia.
- Personality: team player and self-motivated, inter-cultural and cross-domain proficiency
- Working Practice: independently and within a team environment
- Experience and Knowledge: Natural Language Processing (e.g., named entity extraction and disambiguation, relation extraction) and Information Retrieval. Desirable: experience with open source tools such as Elasticsearch, with machine learning and respective state-of-the-art toolkits. Good communication and presentation skills.
- Languages: strong English skills, and academic writing skills
- Education: master degree in Computer Science/Computational Linguistics (or related field) and proven programming skills, e.g., Python/Java/C++
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Need support during your application?
Laila Rottmann (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 49474
Need further information about the job?
Jannik Strötgen (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 37789