Sr. Controls Software Engineer
- Hills Tech Dr, Farmington Hills, MI, us
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Powertrain Solutions is a provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments
Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies. 88,000 associates in 27 countries and more than 90 locations worldwide are playing their part in the success of Powertrain Solutions.
- Developing software / functionality for embedded control systems for automotive applications such as vehicle control unit (VCU), propulsion - combustion, hybrid & electric - control unit (ECU) and transmission control unit (TCU) as a member of Bosch global development team working on the latest generation microcontrollers / microprocessors and AUTOSAR standards.
- Test and validate new software features in the vehicle, on a dynamometer, a HIL, SIL or MIL.
- Perform rapid-prototyping to support functional requirement development.
- Deep dive analysis improving hardware-software interfaces and developing automated test software for software testing.
- Participate in program review meetings, interface studies, design reviews and perform troubleshooting of software / software system.
- Support customer test trips in hot, cold and high altitude environments and provide local expertise for software functions.
- Direct contact with internal and external customers.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (with controls focus), Computer Science/Engineering, Math or Physics.
- 4 or more years' of experience with software languages and operating systems (real time OS, C, or embedded C).
- 4 or more years' of experience with software development and debugging tools
- Experience with (Matlab / Simulink strongly preferred and experience with Ascet, Labview, Lauterbach, etc desired but not required.
- Experience with real time OS, C, or embedded C strongly preferred, Additionally,assembly/ Linux, etc. desired but not required
- Experience with powertrain and/or vehicle control unit - ECU and/or VCU - (primarily), transmission control unit, body control unit etc. strongly preferred.
- Academic and/or industry experience in controls for electrified powertrain (hybrid and full electric) and connectivity (V2X).
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity to rapid prototyping and simulation environments (Dspace, Ehooks, No-hooks etc).
- Proactive approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on team work.
- Entrepreneurial approach and comfortable in a highly dynamic, high pace work environment.
- Adaptability to work in a truly international company on a project with team members in multiple countries.
- Automotive Experience: Cross functional exposure to mechanical, electrical and software intensive systems.
- Experience with Formula SAE, Hybrid, SolarCar, First Robotics, FutureCar, EcoCAR type of activities is a plus.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)