Applied Machine Learning Engineer
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) provides solutions and services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units in mobility, consumer good, industrial technology, and smart buildings. The center works in collaboration with a large team of researchers, engineers, and software providers. We are now hiring Data Scientists, offering a fascinating job in a team of highly motivated top experts in one of the most exciting areas of technology. Primary Responsibilities:
- Contribute to Key AI Product Challenges at BCAI, where we create fascinating, new AI products in joint projects with RB business units:
- Translate business needs into technical solutions
- Develop and apply advanced statistical algorithms for the analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and engineering teams in business units
- Stay current with latest research and technology trends
- Share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through papers, presentations to research staff, management, and key decision makers
- Review/test code written by others for critical feedback
- Document code and results thoroughly and continuously
- Communication with various levels of management and technical staff
- Travel to local RB locations might be required
- Degree Level: Ph.D. with at least 1 year experience or M.S. with at least 3 years of non-academic work experience
- Major (s): Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields
- Strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining
- Proven expertise in at least 2 of the following: neural networks and other semi-parametric models, generalized linear models, probabilistic graphical models, latent variable models, time-series models, recommendation systems, and online learning
- Strong programming experience in at least 1 of the following: Java, C++(STL), Python and at least one of the following: Python, Matlab, R, Scala
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Proficiency in English (at least B2) and German (at least B1)
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data and/or the Hadoop stack (Hadoop/Spark Paradigms) is a plus
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (HR Department)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Thomas Geiler (Business Department)
+49 711 811 48339