Autonomous Driving - Localization / Mapping Research Engineer
- 309 N Pastoria Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
“Invented for Life” drives us at Bosch and our vision of future mobility. Autonomous vehicles will change the way we move. Bosch and Mercedes have partnered together to make this future a reality!
We are a growing team disrupting the Autonomous Driving revolution by solving some of the most challenging robotics and artificial intelligence problems. We are looking for visionaries in autonomous navigation systems with expertise in software development.
Perform research, develop and implement algorithms in one or more of the following fields, applicable to automated vehicles:
- Non-linear batch optimization on big data
- Probabilistic data fusion
- Sensor based localization
- Manipulation of large-scale map data sets
- Ph.D. or M.S. in robotics, computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Proven research and development expertise in localization and mapping
- Extensive background in robotics algorithms with strong focus on software development
- The ability to develop, understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Excellent C++ programming expertise required
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems
- Experience working independently in a large software setting
- Excellent communication skills
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives:
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)