ECA4_SWUpdate_Component Architect (C++, Linux / Android / QNX)
- Bangalore, Bengaluru, KA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Ltd.
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI), is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global supplier of technology and services, offering end to end engineering, IT and Business solutions.
With over 18000 associates, RBEI is the largest software development center of Bosch outside Germany, indicating we are the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India. We have a global footprint with presence in US, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. RBEI is ISO 9001:2008 certified (2012), appraised at CMMI-L5 as per version 1.3 (2011), ASPICE - level3 based on version 2.5 and ISO 15504- 5 and 7, and also ISO 27001 with seven state-of-the-art facilities spread across Bangalore and Coimbatore in India, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and Guadalajara in Mexico, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 certified (2014).
We nurture, build and sustain enduring customer relationships to enable direct operational and strategic benefits to our customers. We make it happen through qualified, motivated and flexible professional associates, who uphold the heritage and values of Bosch - time-tested over 125 years of a successful journey; a journey marked by quality, reliability and innovation of service to enhance the interest of our customers and the community we live in.
We provide solutions for businesses in primarily three areas:
Our focal industries:
•Consumer Goods and Building Technology.
“We see RBEI as helping us to achieve the technological lead we need to have in order to prevail in increasingly competitive world markets….. RBEI is about ensuring product excellence under conditions that allow us to maintain our global competitiveness” – Mr. Franz Fehrenbach, Chairman of the Board of Management, Robert Bosch GmbH.
• Responsible for reasonable re-use of SW Update modules between the programs.
• Responsible for establishing a basis for reasonable re-use (costs/benefits) for the projects and the business unit.
• Responsible for the component roadmaps with a corresponding forecast, incl. identification/collection/ evaluation of new feature areas and innovations
• Defining the component roadmap jointly with Component Manager
• Evaluating the new features, roadmap features and customer project features for the assessment of technical and non-technical feasibility
• Refinement of the architecture to cater to the central architecture specifications
• Verification of compliance with the architecture roadmap in customer projects
• Identification/collection/ evaluation of new feature areas and innovations
• Development, maintenance of component architecture model using EA/other identified tools by central architecture
• Development and maintenance of the system concept description, concept and design
• Technical evaluation of the change requests from the customer projects, base platform and other components
Expertise in one of the following areas:
- Android auto middleware & vendor specific extension development
- Linux internal, system programming, IPC using DBus
- QNX middleware development
• C++, Design Patterns, Object Oriented programming, OOAD and UML
• SL4A (Scripting Layer for Android), Android Binders, AIDL(Android Interface Definition Language)
• Exposure to Linux Internals, Embedded Linux Boot strapping, Kernel VFS subsystem internals
• Hands on with Linux Memory Technology devices, EXT4 File System, Disk/Block device Management
• Experience in Embedded Linux board based development, Cross platform development and GNU tools
• Knowledge on D-Bus, SYS-V IPCs
• Experience in Linux System Programming, Socket programming.
• Shell scripting.
• Strong experience in using Modelling tools like Enterprise Architect or similar tools
• Version Control Systems - git, and Debugging using GDB, JTAG
• Expertise in QNX middleware development
• Domain and System knowledge on Car Multimedia/Infotainment products
• Knowledge on ARM, Free-scale based systems, Intel Atom, Renesas based systems
• Exposure to general build system configuration (Makefiles, etc.)
• Automotive domain with knowledge on CAN, MOST, LIN networking is desirable
• Knowledge of Open Source development
• Version Control Systems – Clear Case, Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
BE / BTech / ME / Mtech
Experience: 9 - 14 years