Project Manager - REF1321X
- Farmington Hills, MI
Integrated in an international network, the Bosch Gasoline Systems Division engineers manufacture breakthrough technologies for the complete powertrain. Our components and systems for the internal combustion engine, transmission controls, and for alternative drive concepts such as hybrids and electric vehicles offers a major contribution for reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Work with Bosch, the world leader in state-of-the-art engine control systems, to develop hardware, software for diesel and gasoline engine controls with direct injection fuel systems, hybrid and alternative fuel technologies.
• Project Manager responsible for Diesel and gasoline engine Electronic Control Unit projects.
• Lead all aspects of the project including the project team, financial and technical topics including hardware, software, functional requirements, validation testing and a successful production launch.
• Responsible to plan, organize, manage the project and achieve project objectives on time, on-spec, on-budget, on-cost and on-profit.
• Responsible to lead the project and team following Bosch PM standards.
• Define tasks and make assignments for the project team.
• Lead customer contact including external, internal customers and suppliers.
• Create, maintain the budget overview and project schedule.
• Provide risk assessment and risk management when required.
• Forecast, plan and contract resources.
• Prepare status reports and lead review meetings.
• Identify the need for corrective actions in case of deviations from targets.
• Secure the on-time product part approval and on-time production launch, meeting all targets.
10-15% travel for the position.
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math, Physics or Business related Degree.
- 5 or more years' experience in the automotive industry.
- 3 or more years' experience working in automotive environment as a project manager or have completed on project (beginning to end) as the project lead.
1 year of experience with engine management systems, hardware and software or similar experience.
Experience leading global cross functional teams.
Experiences in Automotive Embedded SW engineering or engine control unit HW development/ testing are preferred.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)