Production Mechanic 2nd Shift
- Lincolnton, NC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology _ with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch. The Lincolnton, NC Conversion, Customizing and Packaging Center is located approximately 30 miles from Charlotte. The facility employs just under 200 full time associates in a 3-shift operation, which encompasses 235,000 sq ft. along with 12,000 skus. In addition to the conversion, customizing and packaging activities, abrasives are now a big part of our power tool accessory business. ISO certified, our associates engage in BPS, CIP and 5S . By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- Perform the installation of new production equipment along with the project team over the first 12 months of the job.
- After installation, work within a cross functional team to reach the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets. This includes performing preventative maintenance and inspections as well as unplanned maintenance.
- Support the continuous improvement activities, including recommendations and implementation of ideas. For example improvements in the design of machine components, tooling, fixtures,etc. for improved safety, reduced downtime, increased lifetime, reduced costs, etc.
- Develop and perform training of associates for the setup and operation of production equipment such as stamping presses, grinders, welders and surface finishing equipment.
Associates Degree in Applied Science Preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to produce machine components and fixtures from detailed prints including final assembly. Senior Level.
- Necessary skills to inspect, troubleshoot, and replace defective mechanical components.
- Communication and Teamwork Skills within a manufacturing environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)