- Plymouth, MI
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops, manufactures and supplies precision components and systems - including body electronics, chassis and powertrain products - for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. Since its foundation 1886, the company accelerates the progress of Automotive Technology with continued innovations.
Robert Bosch LLC - Chassis Systems Control - Active Safety (CC-AS)
We @ CC-AS contribute with our products significantly to making mobility safe, agile and for the future, even automated. Our safety system supports the driver in controlling his/her vehicle by interpreting signals from various sensors.
- Hardware development engineer for ABS / ESP / iBooster and IPB electronic components including circuit development, design verification and compilation of technical manufacturing documentation.
- As primary technical interface to the customer for the electronic hardware development of the ECU you will prepare and moderate technical customer discussions and presentations regarding ECU hardware development, technical specifications and creation of test plans to guarantee that the ECU meets the customer specification.
- Actively participate in the negotiation of specifications, both within Bosch as well with the customer, to guarantee an optimized design.
- Design ECUs to meet the specification, prepare thorough documentation of development investigations and conduct worst-case design reviews on safety critical input and output circuitry. Additional focus on innovation and cost reductions for our products.
- Support EMC testing for new designs and actively investigating EMC improvements to gain a more robust design.
- Additionally, as a technical project component responsible you will process the customer requests for quote (RFQ) for the ECU, manage the overall component project (technical) from quoting through production and beyond (including, but not limited to project timeline maintenance, coordination and release of samples and production documentation, validation test negotiation and coordination).
- You will work with entire project team to ensure requirements are met regarding ECU component within overall system.
- Most likely customers for this role are North American OEM's (GM, Ford and FiatChrysler) but also JOEM and West Coast customers are possible.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline.
- 5 yrs + experience in the automotive industry with a focus on Embedded Electronic Modules and Systems.
- Strong electronics design capability, including circuit design, schematics, component selection, etc.
- Familiarity with FMEA, DRBFM and ISO26262.
- Familiarity with worst-case design/calculations practices.
- Familiarity with EMC design countermeasures.
- Problem solving experience / expertise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High attention to detail, ownership and accountability.
- Comfortable working in a diverse global cross functional organization.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)