Quality Manager – Electronics Development
- Plymouth, MI
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Chassis Systems Control division develops and manufactures innovative components, functions and systems that are designed to make driving a safe and comfortable experience.
We are especially committed to developing sensors that observe vehicle surroundings and advancing new functions and systems that protect lives. In the future, we will network vehicles to other road users, infrastructure and the internet to ensure that our vision of accident and injury-free driving becomes a reality.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- Driving process improvement to support divisional quality strategic goals: Advancing Continuous Improvement (CI) cultural change, Utilizing CI tools to improve value, and continuously drive innovation.
- Responsibility in leading the portfolio of results oriented Continuous improvement initiatives using proven problem solving methodologies such as 8D, PDCA, or other methods like DMAIC/Shainin while ensuring accountability, focus, strategic alignment and the development of strategic partnerships within the Division.
- With direction from the Director of Quality, the Process Improvement Manager identifies key opportunities and gaps in the core business processes and operations activities within the division; aligns the Quality Engineers to these priorities; ensures appropriate quality improvement methodologies, tools and techniques are being leveraged to drive improvements.
- Develop relationships with business unit leaders to become a trusted advisor and strategic partner working in concert to drive process improvement and CI within CC.
- Collaborating with business unit leaders in the identification, prioritization, selection and execution of a portfolio of projects helping them achieve their strategic initiatives.
- Providing project management oversight and leadership.
- Lead individual contributors by leveraging expertise in mentoring, navigation, relationship building, visioning, strategic thinking and team building.
- Cultivate continuous improvement mindset by driving effective quality gates, and quality assurance plans during the project development life cycle.
- Work on the development and improvement of methods and procedures that improve product launches.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in technical discipline.
- 3 or more years of experience leading and managing organizational change and cultural transformation/re-engineering.
- 5+ years experience in continuous improvement projects, to include experience with critical thinking skills and the ability to take large complex problems and break them down into manageable projects to achieve successful results.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as Minitab, 8D, Red X, PDCA, Six Sigma, etc.
- Broad knowledge of continuous improvement culture.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing organizational change and cultural transformation/re-engineering.
- Track record of successfully mentoring/coaching multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience managing individuals and teams.
- Proven influence skills and organizational agility with the ability to successfully negotiate in a matrix organizational structure and produce results.
- Ability to perform under pressure and navigate effectively through ambiguity.
- Results-oriented with sense of urgency in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of managing across the spectrum from strategic focus on big picture diagnosis to root cause problem-solving and tactics.
- Seasoned project management skills.
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Experience in problem solving practices and application including tools such as Error Proofing, and Root Cause analysis.
- Demonstrated experience guiding and mentoring employees in the application of CI tools, practices and procedures.
- Worked with Manufacturing/Assembly plant teams and Team Leaders to initiate and deploy CI processes.
- Organized work teams to develop and accomplish improvement action plans.
- Demonstrated business acumen, with a history of Presenting to all levels of organizations, both internally and externally.
- Understands software development process and procedures.
- Experience in Software Quality.
- Experience in an ASPICE and/or Autosar project(s).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)