Inside Sales Representative (Remote)
- 19162 22 Ave, Surrey, BC V3S 3S6, Canada
BorderBuddy was founded nearly a decade ago to simplify the Customs Brokerage process through online technology and customer service. We help individuals and small businesses import and export their goods to North America.
We’re part of the A & A Customs Brokerage family with a dedicated focus on consumers and small businesses, keeping information focused and easy for everyone to understand.
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes. We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what BorderBuddy has to offer!
We are a values-based organization and a dedicated group of professionals who value teamwork, learning and development, and innovation. We take a great deal of pride in developing exceptional relationships and in supporting our community and our environment.
We thrive on helping people.
At BorderBuddy, we are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential by developing their skills and careers. We strive to be the best employer in our community and in our industry.
Our People Principles
Our Principles guide us in delivering on our People Promise. They commit us to:
Create a team of engaged and committed A Players
Make a difference to help employees learn and grow
Truly care about your quality of life
BorderBuddy is seeking a full-time remote Inside Sales Representative for our Canadian office to manage the inside sales through the main email system. This is a sales role where you would be responsible for taking orders from clients, up-selling on applicable services, providing outstanding customer service, and generating revenue for the department.
- Manage a high volume of phone calls and emails and provide responses to all maintaining high quality of services and performance standards.
- Coordinate with customers and avoid any discontinuation from their end.
- Assist customers with all knowledge on products and services.
- Manage and resolve any conflicts or issues with customers in a timely manner within required guidelines. Develop action plans with the customer to prevent recurrence for sales within BorderBuddy
- Manage process and correspondence with customers.
- Cultivate strong personal relationships with clients. Continually communicate with clients by telephone and email and possibly facilitate and schedule visits as required. Document all customer transactions and prepare required paperwork.
- Prepare all new contracts and handle all incoming calls and emails. Ensure client profiles are up-to-date.
- Ensure clients’ expectations are met or exceeded by effectively communicating with operations and other teams.
- Assist the sales team and any internal resources to improve sales margins and finalize rate requests.
- UP-sell BorderBuddy service offerings according to company and client requirements. Review new accounts to ensure correct setup and enter and follow up on the first shipments.
- Analyze all client requirements and assist to prepare all service contracts and facilitate sales.
- Supervise all online chat sales calls for clients. Identify new selling opportunities. Rethink and develop new features to provide benefits for the client.
- Ensure optimal level of client satisfaction at all times and process all orders on phone.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the client business reviews through monitoring and analyzing activity.
Within the first 30 days you will:
- Respond to quotes in the calculator platform within 1 hour.
- Meet and exceed a sales target of $5,000.
- Understand the company's key services.
Within the first 60 days you will:
- Be able to set up 4-7 customer accounts per day through Kiosk.
- Meet and exceed a sales target of $10,000.
- Understand the high level priorities for the company and team.
Within the first 90 days you will:
- Be able to set up 7-10 customer accounts per day through Kiosk.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales target of $20,000.
- Continue to build 1-2 Champion (referral) relationships per month.
- Identify one process improvement each quarter.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year previous inbound sales experience within a service based industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form. Must be fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Good computer skills, highly organized with the ability to multi-task. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and hardworking.
- Post-secondary graduate preferred.
- Ability to clearly identify the client's current and future needs and present additional service solution to them.
- Team cooperation and respect is required, being self motivated with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- This is a remote position.
- The hours are 8:00 - 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday PST .
We offer a competitive salary, benefits (health & dental), RRSP’s, a tuition reimbursement program, professional training, and paid time off.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.