- Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Leading national general contracting and construction management corporation.
In this role you will work collaboratively and create relationships with a variety of stakeholders, such as project team members, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
- Provides training and mentorship to others.
- Prepares complex cost estimates for competitive bids and negotiated proposals for multiple projects.
- Prepares material and other costs summary for quotes from vendors.
- Tracks value creation items from development through inclusion and documents in project documentation.
- Develops and manages scopes of work for all trades, including responsibility matrix, distribution of plans and specifications, and pricing, bid solicitation and coordination for vendors and subcontractors.
- Utilizes knowledge of the project schedule and logistics in project estimates.
- Collaborates with operations to provide constructability and coordination reviews of project documents.
- Provides professional and comprehensive deliverables at the completion of each major estimate.
- Improves project profitability opportunities by applying thorough understanding of insurance structures, fees and rates.
- Completes review and execution of bid forms, bid bonds, etc. on bid projects including general requirements. Participates in and summarizes bid day activities.
- Applies knowledge of project schedule to preconstruction efforts.
- Applies knowledge of subcontractor market and how to prequalify subcontractors.
- Provides system analysis of building components and MEP systems and assists operations staff on project logistics, staging, phasing plans and coordination.
- Reviews financial risk to the company and ensures fee enhancements are within estimates, including contract risk. Partners with operations to assess and mitigate risk.
- Develops and maintains client and subcontractor relationships.
- Presents and sells estimates and proposals and participates in project procurement presentations.
- Coordinates feasibility studies on life-cycle costs of building systems.
- Leads efforts to assemble, analyze and store project cost history.
- 5+ years estimating experience required. Experience must include light industrial/manufacturing in commercial construction estimating.
- 8+ years construction experienced (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction management.
- Knowledge of field operations through project support.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity.
- Knowledge of MBE (minority business enterprise), WBE (women’s business enterprise), and SBA (small business administration) regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on strong Excel skills.
- Proficiency in required construction technology.
- Advanced proficiency in construction estimating software.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Advanced ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Ability to prepare quantity surveys.
- Ability to develop General Requirement estimates.
- Ability to develop proficiency in Lens, Revit and/or ASE software.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- Occasional business travel.
- Must have the unrestricted right to work for any employer in the USA.
Competitive benefits and salary package. Relocation assistance is available for the selected candidate.