Literacy Account Manager
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource, a family-owned, family-first company since 1974, partners with PreK-12 educators to bring a rich and diverse selection of books into today’s classrooms. As a leading distributor of classroom literature for the education market, we use our title insights and expertise to curate classroom libraries and book collections that enhance learning and inspire a lifelong love of reading. We envision a world where every child loves to read and are driven by our love of books, our passion for reading and our genuine desire to support the literacy goals of educators at every level in districts, schools and classrooms across the country.
Our company operates following our 47 year-old core values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Provide a Family First Culture
- Exceed Everyone’s Expectations
- Share Information in an Open Book Atmosphere
- Maintain Spirited and Diverse Workplaces
- Embrace and Drive Change to Shape the Future
- Encourage Personal and Professional Growth
- Support our Communities.
We have repeatedly been named as award-winning workplace by both the St. Louis Post Dispatch & Business Journal. This is due to our great company culture, our belief in the golden rule (treat others the way you want to be treated) and our core values.
The Literacy Account Manager (LAM) is responsible for retaining and growing business through building customer relationships and collaborating with Booksource Sales Consultants (SC) to nurture and develop new accounts. This is primarily a sales role with an emphasis on business retention and long-term growth. The Literacy Account Manager anticipates the needs of their accounts and provides product or service solutions that exceeds expectations by being an account’s most trusted partner.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Consult on selection, distribution, and implementation of Booksource products and services, positioning the best outcomes for the account and Booksource
- Build high quality custom book lists and price quotes
- Support lead generation and customer acquisition by responding strategically to Sales Consultant requests for marketing collateral and field-support
- Leverage Salesforce to organize, assess and report on account data performance trends
- Forecast sales pipeline of accounts to internal stakeholders and Sales Consultants
- Identify new opportunities to build an active customer base
- Develop and monitor top prospect districts through reporting and partnering with Sales Consultant/Business Development team
- Understand and communicate trends of territory and its impact on accounts (i.e. education trends, policies)
- Provide feedback on Sales Consultant performance and accounts to improve partnership and performance
- Collaborate with other departments and provide input on new products, sales strategies, or marketing campaigns that address organizational goals and industry trend
**Travel may be required for trade shows, conferences, customer meetings, or trainings
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in sales, account management, customer care, or education
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and collaborative
- Ability to manage and respond quickly to the needs of multiple customer accounts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams and a willingness to learn internal systems
- Salesforce experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Booksource is an Equal Opportunity Employer.