Sales Capability Trainer
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read! Our mission is to make it easy for educators to purchase, organize, and incorporate classroom libraries into their schools in the hopes that every school in America will have classroom libraries.
Booksource has built a reputation for quality service to our customers while supporting our employees. We believe strongly that the key to success is people, and every one of our employees is a valuable asset to our team. We consider our culture and values to be benefits. We also offer traditional benefits, but it's our "bonus" benefits that speak directly to our culture of being a family-friendly workplace.
The Sales Capability Trainer is responsible for facilitating learning to prepare the Sales Department to achieve sales goals, key performance measures and support marketing objectives through training initiatives. Responsibilities include developing, creating and delivering content for all levels of training classes and sales meetings in an effort to improve the knowledge and skills of the sales team to effectively establish Booksource as an industry expert and strategically position our products and services.
- Supports the training needs of the Sales team to ensure the company meets and/or exceeds overall sales metrics and key performance indicators
- Develops and maintains relevancy for training materials and conducts training sessions informing Sales department on strategy, products, services, and sales techniques
- Develops, implements, and maintains an onboarding and training process for new Sales team members (Literacy Account Managers, Sales Consultants) including 30-60-90 day plans, documenting progress and supplementing as needed
- Develops individual coaching plans, prepares resources and advises Sales Leadership of needs and coaching outcomes
- Establishes routine communication regarding relevant product, marketing and sales strategy initiatives and updates
- Partners with sales, marketing, and products to identify training goals, content, and implements meaningful training around selling products and services
- Surveys effectiveness of training and plans process improvements, including Sales Consultant feedback and internal feedback
- Conducts a training gap analysis and develops training benchmarks for selling team
- Tracks training outcomes and analyzes financial aspects of training and advocates for process improvements and ROI
- Responsible for organizing Sales Consultant expenses by tracking, consolidating, analyzing and summarizing expenses then forwarding for reimbursement
- Coordinates Annual and Regional Sales Conferences
- Maintain and develop job knowledge through professional development
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Experience in curriculum development, training and delivery
- Experience designing and implementing distance learning a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively on projects, share information, and build consensus
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines
- Solid organizational, planning and prioritization skills with exceptional follow through
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Additional certifications in training is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.