Warehouse Associate- Hazelwood
- 8950 Pershall Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read! Our mission is to make it easy for educators to purchase, organize, and incorporate classroom libraries into their schools in the hopes that every school in America will have classroom libraries.
Warehouse Associate is a temporary position, with potential to hire full-time based on performance. Weekly hours vary on business needs.
Currently hiring: 6 AM to 2:45 PM $12/hour
all candidates will be required to pass a drug screen & background check
Masks must be worn for interviews and if offered the position the entire time while working unless there is a health reason (doctors note) stating otherwise.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for efficiently and accurately contributing to the operational success of any warehouse department, which consists primarily of receiving, pulling, processing, and shipping.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Perform basic warehouse tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be able to meet daily goals and continuously try to improve.
- Provide consistent feedback and communication with Warehouse Leads.
- Communicate effectively with office staff and managers on warehouse questions.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative when needed.
- General knowledge of warehouse functions, with the ability to perform any based on departmental need.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to speak up, and take pride in work.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years warehouse, production, or operations experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace, diverse, and high performance environment.
- All positions require professional and polite communication both internally and externally.
- Basic math and computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook a plus.
- Dependable attendance and flexibility with scheduling is a must.
- Must have excellent motivation, pay close attention to detail and be deadline driven.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be on feet for 8 hours.
- Must be able to climb ladder while stocking shelves.
- Must wear a mask at all times unless you have a health reason (doctors note) that states otherwise.
- *Any next steps will be communicated via the email you provide on your application*
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Booksource is an Equal Opportunity Employer.