Business Development Specialist
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read! Our mission is to make it easy for educators to purchase, organize, and incorporate classroom libraries into their schools in the hopes that every school in America will have classroom libraries.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for researching and responding to all bid and proposal solicitations and all aspects of contract management. Other responsibilities include acting as a liaison between the sales and marketing departments by collaborating on new sales initiatives and on marketing collateral for bids and contracts and prospecting campaigns. The Business Development Specialist will use the CRM to identify and grow business opportunities, including proactively vetting and pursuing prospective new customers by partnering with applicable departments to create and deploy initiatives for acquisition. This role will research and identify trends in the industry to help inform future marketing, sales, and product development plans.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Respond to bid requests from school districts
- Perform proactive initiatives to obtain registered/approved vendor status and update the vendor registration forms as needed
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments and external sales representatives on bid requirements
- Manage all aspects of contract management, including marketing campaigns, expiration dates, renewals and follow up communication
- Analyze competitor sales and adjust strategies where needed
- Collaborate with Inventory Control, IT, and Operations to ensure all project requirements, deadlines, and communications are met for key contracts
- Initiate and implement new processes and procedures to continuously streamline large project operations and maximize gross profits and net gain
- Identify educational trends and design campaigns and initiatives around them
- Develop and train internal departments and sales consultants on various opportunities, including product development, product placement and digital technology solutions
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 2-3 years of experience in a business-related role with increasing responsibilities, experience with bids, grant writing or contract management is a plus
- Experience in compiling detailed administrative tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously with overlapping deadlines and unique project specifications
- Sound judgment, solid decision making ability and proactive problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Windows based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills including both verbal and written
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. GL group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.