Trade Show Coordinator
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource, a family-owned, family-first company since 1974, partners with PreK-12 educators to bring a rich and diverse selection of books into today’s classrooms. As a leading distributor of classroom literature for the education market, we use our title insights and expertise to curate classroom libraries and book collections that enhance learning and inspire a lifelong love of reading. We envision a world where every child loves to read and are driven by our love of books, our passion for reading and our genuine desire to support the literacy goals of educators at every level in districts, schools and classrooms across the country.
Plans and executes duties and administrative tasks associated with national trade shows. This individual will work collaboratively with internal departments to support trade shows.
Director of Marketing
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Responsible for setting trade show objectives and communicating goals, expectations, and responsibilities to stakeholders/vendors/attendees
- Craft trade show strategy and marketing plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline, and sales
- Enter leads into a CRM system, create event pages, lead generation campaigns and follow up survey for stakeholders (i.e., employees, sales consultants, etc.)
- Logistics coordination including budgeting, forecasting, planning, travel arrangements, conference needs and booth giveaways
- Coordinate marketing materials for national trade shows that support company priorities and initiatives
- Proactively identify key strategic opportunities at trade shows, such as presentations, sponsorship/advertising, booth activities, etc.
- Ensure brand guidelines are met and up to date for each trade show
- Maintain event metrics using a CRM system and reporting for all trade shows
- Provide periodic progress reports to the Director of Marketing
- Partner with contracted exhibit management service company for care, keep, shipping, set up and tear down logistics of trade show booth and materials
- Track and analyze financial aspects of trade shows, ensuring all deadlines and payment schedules are met for all contracts and service agreements
- Instructs, demonstrates, observes and coaches stakeholders to generate leads and develop conversations at trade shows
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 2-4 years of experience managing large, national events
- 4-year undergraduate degree in creative field or applicable experience
- 10%-20% travel required including some weekends
- An outgoing, energetic, and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, diverse, and high-performance environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and solution-oriented mindset
- Team player with a mindset for collaboration
- Solid organizational and planning skills with exceptional follow-through
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.