Lead Graphic Designer
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource, a family-owned, family-first company since 1974, partners with PreK-12 educators to bring a rich and diverse selection of books into today’s classrooms. As a leading distributor of classroom literature for the education market, we use our title insights and expertise to curate classroom libraries and book collections that enhance learning and inspire a lifelong love of reading. We envision a world where every child loves to read and are driven by our love of books, our passion for reading and our genuine desire to support the literacy goals of educators at every level in districts, schools and classrooms across the country.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Develop original concepts and ideas and bring to the marketing team
- Collaboratively take concepts from idea to design and through production
- Oversee and update the brand standards/guidelines
- Work collaboratively to synthesize customer behavior, analytics and marketing metrics into effective design solutions
- Create and produce print and digital work across a wide variety of projects and disciplines including trade shows/events, brochures, packaging, sell sheets, catalogs, digital ads, social media, etc.
- Manage the creative direction of company initiatives, integrated marketing campaigns, and other projects
- Follow creative work from concept to pre-press and through production
- Help to ensure successful representation of the Booksource brand across various media
- Works with the Marketing Project Specialist to forecast work levels of effort and timelines
- Assists with defining campaign scope and recommendations on marketing collateral
- Assists with establishing and improving processes within the marketing department
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design/related field or High School Diploma/GED
- 8+ years’ experience in graphic design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office especially in Microsoft PowerPoint with experience designing presentations
- Experience in production (print/paper manufacturing)
- Expertise with design fundamentals (typography, composition, layout, color, etc.).
- Competency in experiential design (live events/shows) is a plus
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently as well as with collaboratively with others
- Critical attention to detail with strong follow-up and follow-through
- Photography experience
- Videography experience
- Experience with animation/motion graphics
Please include your portfolio to be considered for the role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.