Customer Care Specialist
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource, a family-owned, family-first company since 1974, partners with PreK-12 educators to bring a rich and diverse selection of books into today’s classrooms. As a leading distributor of classroom literature for the education market, we use our title insights and expertise to curate classroom libraries and book collections that enhance learning and inspire a lifelong love of reading. We envision a world where every child loves to read and are driven by our love of books, our passion for reading and our genuine desire to support the literacy goals of educators at every level in districts, schools and classrooms across the country.
The Customer Care Specialist is charged with providing an exceptional customer experience throughout the life cycle of the customer relationship. As a Customer Care Specialist, you are responsible for maintaining customer data, entering orders and are the customer experience champion internally and responsible for ways we can improve each customer touch point. The goal of the Customer Care Specialist is to provide the best customer experience in the world through creative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Accurately process education orders and monitor the status of education orders through completion, the volume of these orders fluctuate throughout the year
- Maintain customer files to ensure correctness and reduce duplications
Use tools and resources available to anticipate customer needs and provide personal, custom, thoughtful, and relevant service at all times
- Answer all customer questions and correspondence as quickly and completely as possible (Anticipating and acting on the needs and follow up questions of customers to provide a remarkable experience)
- Proactively reach out to our customers to gauge their satisfaction and assess their needs
- Partner with all departments internally to increase inter-department cooperation and communication to continually improve the customer experience
- Working knowledge of other departments internally (through continuous cross training) to increase operational knowledge to be able to support the customer and understand their total experience
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Ability to efficiently navigate through Accuterm and process order entries
- Prior customer service experience (1+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance and urgency while maintaining a calm, focused attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional phone etiquette and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Booksource is an Equal Opportunity Employer.