- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
We provide the education market with the largest selection of new and classic titles and classroom collections. We have over 30,000 titles in our catalog representing more than 150 publishers.
Our staff has the expertise to ensure that our customers get the right books based on their needs. Our title experts know the books kids want to read, and they can help you put the right books in your students’ hands. We can provide personal assistance every step of the way to help you find the right balance for your classroom library.
In every interaction with Booksource, you’ll find employees who have a passion for literacy and a passion for the company.
Improve the company’s gross profit by minimizing the cost to purchase books and the associated tasks involved with receiving the books. Maintaining appropriate levels of inventory for books. Identifying and incorporating systems to improve inventory management and/or the resources required and supporting the sales department with timely responses to ad hoc requests
Chief Financial Officer
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Purchase books from 150+ vendors based on review of sales history and forecasts
- Review over-allocated titles to identify root cause and purchase quantities to return inventory levels to a safe position
- Create and run reports to analyze purchases in comparison with planned inventory levels
- Review and negotiate discount structure with vendors
- Execute purchases of titles included in periodic stock offers from vendors
- Improve and enhance data maintained in product supply systems
- Continually work to improve fill rate and minimize backorders
- Assist with demand planning, forecasting, and product segmentation for titles carried
- Communicate and support Sales and Customer Care as needed
- Minimize the total cost of ownership by reviewing and negotiating better freight terms and supporting efforts to reduce the resources needed to receive and shelve books
- Negotiate print rights on Out of Print or hard to obtain titles
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of purchasing or related experience
- Solid negotiating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Detail and Results Oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm for books is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Booksource is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.