- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
We provide the education market with the largest selection of new and classic titles and classroom collections. We have over 30,000 titles in our catalog representing more than 150 publishers.
Our staff has the expertise to ensure that our customers get the right books based on their needs. Our title experts know the books kids want to read, and they can help you put the right books in your students’ hands. We can provide personal assistance every step of the way to help you find the right balance for your classroom library.
In every interaction with Booksource, you’ll find employees who have a passion for literacy and a passion for the company.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Day to day responsibility for internal and public facing user interface development and support
- Active code development and support across a variety of languages and projects
- Active UI design and support across a wide array of device settings
- Serve as the primary user interface developer on new development efforts
- Define and maintain the User Interface standard and ensure that all sites adhered to the standard
- Analyze project requirements for new software solutions or enhancements to existing applications that support business objectives
- Collaborate with functional team members to design software solutions
- Develop and test software solutions to ensure they meet the defined business need
- Communicate effectively with functional team members and external users
- Provide training and guidance to end-users as needed.
- Interact directly with customers to support projects.
- Interface directly with external vendors as needed to meet the needs of existing applications or new development efforts.
- Help maintain system documentation and compliance with coding standards
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Required Skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in website/web application design and development.
- UI Design, Development
- CSS Preprocessor experience (SCSS)
- Responsive design
- HTML Framework experience (Bootstrap)
- UI design and Development for Web Apps, Desktop Apps, Websites, iOS, Android
- Task Runner experience (Gulp)
- Iterative or Agile Software Development Life Cycle experience (very big plus but not required)
- Logical and critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Creative and aesthetic design abilities
- Successful collaboration with business stakeholders
- Team first orientation
- Ability to self-teach
- Bonus skills
- iOS Development (native or non-native)
- Android Development (native or non-native)
- Sitefinity development experience
- Publishing industry experience
- JIRA experience
- SIL script experience
- Visual Studio
- Source Code Management (TFS)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Booksource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You must reside in St.Louis, MO or be willing to move to be considered for this role.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.