Associate Attorney - Family Law
- W Main St, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
In January 2016, Joe Nigh had a vision to open a small law firm that would offer employees a culture that focuses on providing the best legal representation and service to clients, while also giving employees a great place to work. Today, The Nigh Law Group is a thriving family law practice with an exceptional reputation. Located in the heart of downtown with views of Bicentennial Park and within easy walking distance of the riverfront, Columbus Commons, and plenty of restaurants, our offices are ideal for the lover of all things downtown.
If you are an attorney who would enjoy the following, The Nigh Law Group may be the place for you.
- Balance: We work hard, but we balance that with company outings, lunches, and some of the most reasonable billable hours goals in central Ohio.
- Benefits: Don’t let our small size fool you. Eligible associates can take advantage of health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurances, 100% paid malpractice insurance, free parking, a generous retirement plan, and so much more.
- Team: Our experienced team has not only been recognized professionally for the great work that we do, but we strive to engage a mix of team members that can most efficiently and professionally work with the unique needs of our clients for the best outcomes for their situations.
We are seeking a full-time associate attorney to join our team. This individual will represent our clients in litigation, negotiation, and other legal proceedings to arrive at the best possible outcome for our client(s) and their families. Associate attorneys will be expected to originate some business, but will also work on cases that may be originated from other attorneys.
- Analyze outcomes and provide legal counsel to clients based on discovery, precedent, hearings and depositions, and law and code; represent clients at hearings and depositions, as necessary.
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations related to practice area.
- Conduct discovery utilizing various software and resources to prepare for cases, settlements, and communication.
- Prepare various affidavits and other legal documents, including correspondence, as related to client cases.
- Conduct meetings with clients and other case stakeholders via in-person meetings, telephonic, or other electronic methods.
- Maintain complete and accurate records as related to cases and clients.
- Handle matters referred directly to the attorney and/or assigned by the owner.
- Develop and maintain professional and working relationships with firm staff, governmental agencies, clients, community, and other groups to originate business and represent the law offices to the public at large.
In addition to someone who demonstrates a high level of integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding client confidences and information, company confidentiality, and an overall commitment to team, we are looking for candidates with strong written and verbal communications, critical thinking skills and a commitment to proactive problem solving, and an insistence on providing top-notch legal guidance and service to our clients. Other requirements for this position include:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited college or university.
- A current and valid license in good standing from the Ohio Supreme Court to practice law.
- At least 3 years practicing in the area of family law and/or personal injury; minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing attorney if no experience in the specialty area, strongly desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficient in legal software, including TimeSlips, SupportWorks, Family Law, LexisNexis, and e-Filing strongly desired.
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Columbus and no relocation is offered.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
The Nigh Law Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.